Monday, October 27, 2008

A quick update


Just a quick up-date. Today was my second day back to work. I'm trying to easy into things, not easy to do when I have multiple homeless kids to figure things out for, parents who are getting evicted or need their lights turned back on, teens with court, and teens that are getting kicked out. (Just a typical day for me) Stress? Who would think?

But two days in and I'm doing OK. About half way through the day my hands and arms really start to hurt. I've been trying to use them as little as possible, and a try to carry a light bag with me to put papers in, even if it's not much, it's the gripping action that seems to aggravate my hands.

I also went to the chiropractor today and he recommended that we experiment and I try to do some light hand exercises to strengthen them, and see if it gets better or worse after some light exercise. So... we'll see. And since I haen't been able to go to Raymond for the neuro-muscular therapy I think I'm going to try to go to a local acupuncturist to help with the pain.

Well, I'm tired and I want to go to bed. Tonight's my kid free evening, so I'm going to spend it well. Sleeping!!

No comments: