Thursday, October 2, 2008

"Depending on God" written 9/26/08

Depending on God has more to do then just depending on Him to help with your finances, health, happiness, etc. To truly depend on God you have to surrender your plans, your agendas, your thoughts on how you think it should be done. To fully surrender means to let go and trust God to guide you in the right direction. I think I'm starting to get it, I've always "kind-of" got it and I've been thought many times when I know there's no way I could have made it through without God's assistance. Now I'm learning to rest in God's promise that He will ALWAYS be there for us. Asking not just for His assistance, but to depend, lean on, embrace, and trust full heartedly on Him.
When you truly love someone with all your heart you feel safe to just hold on and be lead by them. Like walking blindfolded, you have to really, really trust that person. You trust that no harm will be done to you and you will be safe, and if you fall they will be there to catch you. God doesn't lead in a controlling, demanding, self seeking way. He leads by putting His confidence in you, and by whispering in a small voice
  • "yes child, you heard me right, listen to the Holy Spirit. I made the Holy Spirit to guide you. If you continue to strive on your own to find the right path for you, you will only end up with your hands in the air saying "OK, I'm lost Father, I'll listen now" So why not just let Me guide you? I'm always with you. I've been with you from the beginning , and I know where you are heading. Trust in Me. Not with your mind, but with your whole being. Let go of the worlds way of thinking. Walk in My light."

What would it be like to let go of my agendas and plans, and instead open my heart to God (or some people like to say "Universe", but it's God) relax in his presence and pray for guidance for even the small things in life, everything? It would release me of the constant worries of my future. After all, who knows my plans to the very last detail and perfect timing but my Creator? So why is it so hard to just let go and let God lead my everyday life? I want to let go of that control. To stop, ask for guidance, wait and listen. Life will be simpler and full of peace, and I'll be open and exposed to more greatness then I ever thought possible or felt before. For I do not know what each day has in store for me. I think it's time for me to leave the well known trail behind me. Leaving the mundane for the miraculous! God shows us the right path moment by moment. We only need to stay connected to our source, connected to the Holy Spirit, and be open to receive direction from our Master.

What greatness shall I do for You today?

No comments: