Thursday, October 16, 2008

A Frustrating Day

Oh yeah, rain again, and I say that in the most blaza way possible. I don't usually not like rain, but when the change of weather means pain for me, well, I just don't like it.


But the main reason I got frustrated today is because I got an e-mail from the district (my work) that (in bold print) I am not allowed to come back to work with out a note from my doctor. Grrrr! So I call the doctor today to try to weasel out a note as soon as I can so I can get back to work by Monday. He's gone on vacation! Wouldn't that be nice. I find myself telling the receptionist that I'd like to get the note as soon as he comes back on Monday, I'll even drive to Olympia to pick it up by hand. But it also slips out that "I think I can go back to work, but I won't really know unless I try, plus I NEED to go back to work, I have bills to pay". Opps, I hope she doesn't pass that on to the doctor.


I still hurt some days more then others, but I need to go back to work. You know how that goes, bills, mortgage, kids. Oh yeah, food, gas, etc.......I'm feeling like a slave to my job right now (even though I'm not working) and the master is my home. Not a good thing when you think about it. About 50% of my income goes towards my house and home utilities. Hmmmm?

On a good note, I made a really yummy dinner tonight, I've included a picture for your culinary delight! Carrot, sprout, salad with sun flower seeds and rasins on top. Seaweed rolls I made with Neat loaf (sprouted buckwheat, vegies and spices) with red peppers, tomatoes, sprouts, and avacado, all wrapped up then cut into rounds. In the cup is slightly warmed homemade cream of broccoli soup. Yummy!



Ok and here are a few pictures of the kiddos, just because I love 'em so!

And some of Will's art work. I like to show off their stuff.





Thanks for reading and following along with my progress. I've found some other great blogs and websites..... to the right ---> Check them out when you get a chance, just some of the cool stuff I browse in my spare time.

Best wishes!

1 comment:

Grand Forks Mommy said...

Thankfully we have a father in Heaven that knows the perfect time for all things. He is not surprised that your Dr is on vacation! Glad to hear you are going to allow yourself to slow down. A quote I often think of is "what are we trying to prove, and whom are we trying to prove it to??". I love you sis!!