Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Back to work.......not yet

And what do I have to say about that?......."aaaaaahhhhhhhhh!!!!" All it's doing is stressing me out more, which is NOT what I need at this point. Yep, I'm still waiting for the doctor's signature, and I've either called or went down to their office every day since Thursday last week. How long does it take to sign a paper?

Other then that, things are ok, (ok for me at this point means bad for most people, but I deal with it). I still have a lot of pain, but I can walk normal. I'm not nearly as tired with the chronic fatigue as I was before, so I'm able to function at a somewhat normal pace, as long as it doesn't involve physical work, or walking, or working with my hands, oh ya, or lifting things.

So where am I with my recent train of thought?
Well, I'm glad you asked, and I am open for ideas, comments, etc. I figured that 50% of my income is going towards my house, so I'm really a slave to my house. The kids and I really don't need all this room. I've been looking at travel trailers on craigslist and there are a lot for sale that are pretty big. I think there are a lot of people who are wanting to sell things to pay other bills, so if I can benefit from it, yahoo! So if I were able to buy a travel trailer, and then find someone who is willing to let the kids and I park it on their property for awhile, we would be able to simplify and save money. I would need water at the least, and then we can use a compost toilet, and a small generator to charge the battery. Very doable. Four of us lived in 24 foot trailer for about 5 months, and it wasn't bad.

Even if I am able to resume my normal job and normal working hours, then I'd be able to save for awhile for some property and build an off-the-grid home. And with the uncertainty of working with fibromyalgia, when I do have to take some time off, it won't hit us so hard. And with the flexibility of my job, if I didn't have the housing costs to pay, then I could take more time off during spring/winter/summer break so I don't have to pay for the kids to go to daycare.

So, the way I look at it, whichever direction things go with me and this "illness" selling my house and living simpler will have a benefit in all directions. Sadly enough most of it comes down to financial stuff, I sure hate that my life is forced to revolve so much around those issues. Last time I checked happiness doesn't revolve around how much money we have or how nice our house is.

So there's my latest ranting/thinking.

Enjoy your painfree day! (No I'm not bitter, ok, well, sometimes) Don't take your health for granted, I know I did! :)

1 comment:

Grand Forks Mommy said...

Ah, what a decision. Any financial person would tell you that you spend too much on your house, you know this. But what does the house represent for you? Security? I've made it? Freedom? Bills? Stress?

It is a great spot, and cool old house, but is the pay off worth it? You know I'm all for the travel trailer idea, now just to find some land to "borrow"!!

Blessings on this!!