Friday, October 17, 2008

Confessions of an overacheiver.

First let me start with a great quote I read today by Mary Anne Radmacher

"Courage does not always roar.
Sometimes it is a quiet voice
at the end of the day saying......
'I will try again tomorrow."


Ok, I admit it...... I'm a little scared about going back to work. There, I said it.

I'm scared I won't be able to keep up at the "work horse" pace I previously had. The only thing I can do about it is to stay positive, not expect the same level of achievement I previously had, pace myself, and be realistic. Not that I would ever in my life be a slacker, but I do set high expectations for myself, and people know me to be a hard worker. I'm positive I can still get my job done without running me down into a bad place again. The biggest change will be in my own expectations and attitude. Which reminds me of another great quote....(can you tell I was looking through my quote book this morning?)

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right"
Simply put, our attitude that goes towards what we do really makes a big impact on the outcome.
Have a wonderful day!
"One change makes way for the next, giving us the opportunity to grow." -Vivian Buchen
"When you can't change the direction of the wind, change your sails."- Max Depree

No comments: