Tuesday, November 4, 2008

The little blessings in life

So, as you may already know, last week was my first full week back to work. Which has been pretty hard for me and sometimes taking all I have to push back tears because of pain and frustration. But I love it when God does little things to be there for you. Small and insignificant as they may seem, when you are in a place where everything helps, it sure is a blessing. God is so big, yet is in tune with EVERY detail of ALL of our lives.

You know those daily calendars that have verses on them, and you read one a day. Well my little blessing this past week (and to be specific it started the Friday I went back to work) has been that EVERY quote all week has been about weakness. Imagine that. Some say it's just a coincidence. Well, I know that my Papa in Heaven loves me so much that he would speak to me and show His support for me through a calendar and ministered to my exact need. And remember, I prayed about when to go back to work, and I went back to work sooner then I thought I would. And remember that I had four frustrating days when I was ready to go back to work and there was a hang up with the doctor so I wasn't able to go back until Friday Oct 24th. The timing was in God's hands, I should have never got frustrated. He's knows what's best for me, always.

So I wanted to share a few of those quotes with you. Just imagine feeling the pain I'm feeling, haven been out of work for two months, and going back with the uncertainty if I can even do my job.

"God loves to use weak people. Everyone has weaknesses. In fact, you have a bundle of flaws and imperfections: physical, emotional, intellectual, and spiritual. You may also have uncontrollable circumstances that weaken you, such as financial or relational limitation. The more important issue is what you do with these.
'I am with you; that is all you need. My power shows up best in weak people' -2 Corin 12:9"

"God has a different perspective on your weaknesses. He says 'My thoughts and my ways are higher than yours' (Isaiah 55:9), so he often acts in ways that are opposite of what we expect. We think that God only wants our strengths, but He also wants to use our weaknesses for His glory."

I'll add some more of them tonight. Lunch break is over :)

1 comment:

Grand Forks Mommy said...

That's awesome!! God is soooo Good!!