Monday, January 5, 2009

We went snow shoeing and I didn't die!








......at least not on the trail. My body actually held up really well during the snowshoe trip at Hurricane Ridge this weekend, but by Saturday evening I was feeling it pretty good. Oh that wonderful Chronic Fatigue Syndrome!! I was wiped out, lost most mobility in my hands and arms (which is weird because I didn't use my arms), got chilled (even though I was hot all day long), and my muscles felt like I hiked 20 miles in the snow, uphill.



So with this fibro stuff my body doesn't know when to turn off the muscles, so two miles in the snow ends up feeling like twenty miles in the snow for me. Good thing I'm not a weeny! :) And I think it also has to do with my circulation, because after moving around and getting the blood flowing, it's like my body is trying to push out toxins, and they get all blocked up. Hence the reason why I need to keep moving every day.




Hailey and I ended up turning around sooner then the rest of the group, which was good, because then I maybe wouldn't have made it back to the lodge without help. And the rest of the group ended up snowshoeing about 4 miles. Will had a blast and didn't complain a bit. He's such a trooper!








Happy New Years to you all!!

No comments: