Monday, January 26, 2009

A relaxing weekend in the woods........







This weekend we headed up to the Duckabush Cabin in the Olympic Mountains for some much needed R & R. I made the reservation a few months ago, and have been looking forward to it since. We didn't get stuck or snowed in this time, like we did at the Hamma Hamma Cabin last year.

Teh Duckabush cabin was built in 1907 and was the first ranger station/cabin in the Olympic National Forest. They had old historical pictures around the cabin. We did get a fresh dusting of snow on Saturday night and we woke up to a beautiful white wonderland, to add to the snow already on the ground. On Saturday we did a little 2 mile hike to Ranger's Hole, an old fishing spot the forest rangers use to go to. I was fine for the whole hike, but about an hour after we got back to the cabin, my body went into shutdown mode. Luckily I listened. So I just slept for about a half an hour, then I was functional again. Darm that chronic fatigue, I could barely keep my eyes open and it took me all of 60 seconds to fall asleep when I layed down, even with the kids yelling and shouting (with joy of course) playing their Rukus card game.

On sunday after we got back home I was able to paint one of the kids' rooms at the Cota house. Oh......... so the kids and I are moving back to the house in town in the next few weeks. I decided it's best to live there until it sells. I know, I'm spastic at times!

Well, Dr appointment tomorrow again with the natural path in Lacey, hope to have some good news soon.

take care, Heather

No comments: