Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Food

What would happen if we ate only whole, living, natural things that God created? I'm not even talking about everyone eating all RAW food only, or becoming a vegan. Just good 'ol whole foods, unpasteurized, unprocessed, unspoiled, the way nature made it.

If food from the store has a shelf life of more then a month on it, then what nutrients are we really getting from it when we put it in our bodies?

What if we made a choice to eat only what was created by God, for us? There's actually a lotto choose from. But that means whole grains, not the processed pasta. Whole fruits and vegetables, nut, seeds, in their most basic forms. Pick and eat (for some things anyway).

How would that change our relationship with food, or with God? Cereal is not made by God, but fresh fruit is. There's always a better to food to upgrade to. Ex: Cheap wheat bread, to a whole grain wheat, higher quality bread. It may cost a bit more. But you can also eat a bit less every time. We don't want to put garbage into our body.

Some things I wouldn't let enter my mouth, I allow my kids to eat, why? It starts at the store when the purchase is made. And who does the shopping, me.

It's almost too simple. Sometimes I think we as humans makes things to complex.

My goal for this New Year is to slowly eliminate some of the junk we put into our bodies. Our family does better then the average American (we garden, can, etc), but more can be done. This is my goal, I hope others can think about what they can do also to change what goes into their bodies. Just ask the question, did God make it?

Investing in you food is better in the long run then investing in a health insurance plan.

No comments: