Tuesday, September 1, 2009

I tried and it didn't work.....

I thought that if I looked like the rest of the world, but was a Christian, other's that I couldn't have reached out to would get to know me better and then I could share my experiences as a Christian with them. As most of you may know I've been working with "at-risk" teenagers the past few years. We'll I though that if I were "cool" in their eyes, then they would open up and listen to me and then my God honoring heart would shine through.
Oh, how terribly wrong I was.....if only I figured it out sooner.


It did work for the most part, but I recently felt that I really, really need to honor God in EVERYTHING I do. EVERYTHING!!

So, out went the nose ring, out went my pants, out went my shirts that I had to hold down when I bent over, out went shirts that were a little too tight (I keep thinking I might fit into them someday), out went tight skirts that my underwear line could be seen, out went any skirts that could be seen up if I didn't sit correctly (why have that worry anyway).

Some people might say it's extreme, well sometimes I operate in that way, and honestly sometimes you just have to jump in with both feet, especially if it's a God given request. It wasn't really that hard, as I already owned many, many skirts because I often went though times in my life where I wore only skirts. So I already had a lot of them.

My daughter and I sat down and had a discussion about the importance of being feminine and the importance of being modest. She already wears a lot of dresses and skirts also, so she wanted to join in with mama.

A lot of my tightish shirts ended up going to my daughter to wear, and fit her like a normal shirt is supposed to fit a little girl. And some of my skirts that were a little too short for my comfort, I just got my serger out and sewed them smaller to fit around her waist, and they fit her wonderfully. She was happy to get a few new skirts in the process of mama cleaning out her closet!

I added a few new blogs and sites to the right about modest attire, so for the ladies out there please browse.

Another fun thing I added recently is trying out new hair-do's. Those who know me know that I'm a pony tail, simple girl, and am lacking some of those "girly" skills. So far I've had fun in trying out new beautiful and feminine hairstyles.
Here are a few old fashion fun ones: http://intimelyfashion.com/main/?cat=10


Leviticus 20:26 (New International Version)
"You are to be holy to me [a] because I, the LORD, am holy, and I have set you apart from the nations to be my own."

1 Timothy 2:9
"I also want women to dress modestly, with decency and propriety, not with braided hair or gold or pearls or expensive clothes, 10but with good deeds, appropriate for women who profess to worship God. "

Goodbye for now!!! :)

1 comment:

melissa said...

You so impress me! I love you!! So glad you are my sister! You are an inspiration!!