Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Disibility ........ ugggg

Well, I finally applied for disability. I've had such a stigma about it for the past year. Partly because I have clients I work with that abuse the system, and partly because it's in a way submitting to the fact that I just can't function regularly all the time.

I was encouraged to read that even if you do qualify for social security disability they still encourage you to work. I didn't want to put myself in a place where employers would not want to hire me.

So I filled out the piles and piles of paperwork, and now I wait (probably a few months) and wait until they go through my medical records, talk to my doctors, and interview me.

I'll wait and see, and go from there.


It's supposed to be 101 degrees today, way to hot to do much of anything!!

Yesterday I hid out in my basement and finished making curtains for the local homeless shelter.

No comments: