Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Depoe Bay, OR

We spent the weekend at Depoe Bay OR on the coast. Little did I know it is the "place" to go for whale watching. On the way there we stopped at the Sea lion Caves. I didn't go in, I was having a nasty flare-up so I slept in the car, but the kids had a good time. We invited Keith's sister Katey and her family to come along, as they live in the Portland OR area. All the kids love spending time together. By the evening I was feeling better, not 100% but I could move, function, and walk, so that was a plus. And boy was I lucky, I didn't really miss out on much because right from our hotel deck we could see the gray whales pass and sea lions on the rocks, and not to mention and hundreds of seagulls and cormorants.

The kids also spent time playing on the beach. We had great weather while we were there. It didn't start raining until Sunday when we were leaving. We had a great time swimming in the pool and soaking in the much needed hot tub. Ahhhhh!




Sea Lions in the caves


Naomi, Will, Hailey and Sophie



Hailey and Will on a sea lion statue



The kiddos building a sand castle




No comments: