Saturday, June 6, 2009

Bread, re-useable bags and other inspirations!

First off I want to say how lucky and blessed I am to have other family members that have a love for the same things I do. So often I feel like there aren't a lot of other women around that think or do the same things I do. I'm so lucky to have my mom and sister to bounce ideas off of and to inspire each other on our endeavours, whether it's motherhood, gardening, dumpster diving, cooking, books, living simply, and being frugal.

Some of the latest inspirations.........
I've finally brought in bread to the office workers at OPP, and now they want more. I said it would come at a price and they asked where the sign in sheet was? So I'm going to get busy and put a flyer and sign-up sheet to bring to the office, and perhaps some of the local school staff rooms, and get some orders for bread going. Below are some of the pictures I took to post on the flyers.
Loaf bread

Focacia bread with pizza/Italian seasonings


It's actually been a little while since I made bread, trying to eat RAW and all. I must say, the temptation was to much to resist. I just HAD to have a slice of fresh hot bread out of the oven.

Ok the next inspiration rose from a few, umm, let's say, forced change of directions in life, like losing your job. My contract with the school will end the end of August. The good thing about budget cuts and a weakening economy is that it forces people, including cities and the government to think outside of the box and be creative. Which reminds that in times such as these it's even more important to buy locally and buy things from the USA and not, let's say CHINA. The choice is ours.
Ok, so back to the inspiration....I used to sell at the local farmers market, but couldn't do it anymore after I was working full time and also homeschooling the kids. But now with the location of my house and some up coming free time (and I hope to be homeschooling again by the fall) now I can just put up a stand (or part of my garage converted into a selling shop) and sell my goods.
So up springs "Creekside City Farm". (thanks sis for the help with a name)
Ok, we have the wood in the garage, we already have a 30'x30' and a 30' x 60' area as veggies, chickens on the way, and soon to have goats again (in the fall). So why not add more raised beds in the yard and convert more to garden space?
So here we go, cut, saw, nail it together. The idea is rolling, I hope I can keep up with it!! To help get inspired I've been browsing the "Path to Freedom" website, it's amazing, their goal is 10,000 pounds of food from 1/10 of an acre of gardens. I have more room then that! And then also the SOLVIVA book (thanks Mom for that recommendation.) I hope to get more great ideas from there.




Ok, I need to go, the first raised bed is ready to get screwed together and dirt in it.
I'm happiest when my hands are dirty!!



No comments: