Sunday, February 7, 2010

New colors

We don't have money to re-do the entire kitchen, so we did the next best thing, paint it with some color. We have a very small kitchen, so I was a bit afraid to do dark, but we took the plunge and painted it a deep red color. Wow! It looks better then I imagined it would.

Now of course now we need to paint the adjacent living room and dinning room so they all go together, and no they won't all be red. I'll get some pictures posted soon.

We also put in five new (from the Re-Store) light fixtures in the house to update the very outdated and ugly ones that were there. And put in a plant and rearranged the living room. It's always good to have a change once and awhile.

Garden update: The radishes, peas, lettuce and chard I put in the two cold frames have sprouted already; we put in three more fruit trees, all semi-dwarf, an apple, pear and cherry; we made a larger compost bin near the garden. And we've planned out where and how to get the "community garden" up and running.

Homeschool update: My classes I've taught to our homeschool group are coming to a close, one more week, and all the 17 kids loved learning about environmental science. I would keep teaching, but with my schedule, homeschooling at home, working part time, my community involvement, and wedding planning I think I have enough on my plate for now. The kids are excelling in their reading and are enjoying their new wildlife books. Hailey has started and is liking violin lesson and Will starts baseball in March. Wheew!

That's all for now!!

No comments: