Thursday, February 25, 2010

God's words

I've really been diving into the Bible the past few days and realizing that there are many things that are written in the New Testament that many Chirstian families and the churches do not teach or follow. And there is controversy out there, even within the "commentary" in my study Bible about the reasons for the Apostles to write to the different churches in the New Testament time and for them to be included in the Bible. It seems that some people think those were written for only those Churches and that if your "church" was not dealing with the same issues that that particular church was dealing with, then it does not pertain to you.

Well, what is written in the Bible is for all, today, yesterday, and tomorrow. We need to believe and obey ALL of what God says, and not pick or choose what to obey. Of course He says we are free from the Law, but there are many, many things that God has very clear instructions for that He makes very clear in the NT books.

My eyes have been opened to things I didn't understand before, I guess I wasn't ready. I've been doing a lot of praying, writing in my prayer journal, and asking questions to other followers. We'll see where this road leads. I know for sure it will lead me closer and closer to God! I need to depend on Him for everything, and have more faith for all areas of my life.

It's easy when you have the means to buy and do things that you want or need, but then you are not trusting God to do much in your life When you 'have it all' and 'can take care of it on your own', what's there left for God to do?

That's all for my thoughts today, at least that's all I'm going to write. :)

No comments: