Thursday, December 11, 2008

Mid December up-date

If some of you haven't heard from me in awhile, there's good reasons, really.
Moving has of course been going slowly.

Last Saturday I was pacing myself, but I still over did it. By Saturday afternoon I could hardly walk or function. Sunday I rested a lot. Monday I went to work, but only made it half the day and struggled to drive home. Then on top of all that Will came down with a horrible cold, possibly step throat. Monday he was home for half the day, and stayed home on Tuesday, Wed and now Thursday. He's finally going into the doctors today.

And the way my body is I just can't deal as well with broken up sleep or not enough sleep. So the last few days have been tough. Will's coughing wakes me up, since I sleep so lightly now, plus we're all sleeping in the same room.

So this whole week has been quite a struggle for me. And this month I have a deadline for the grant I work under, AND they just appointed me and one other person the team leaders for the Shelton School District for a pilot project called Breakthrough Action Team. It's s an early warning system used to find students that are a concern for dropping out of school. We have to figure it out, put it to use, track the interventions, and smooth out the kinks before it goes before the WA State Legislator. And if it goes into effect it will be a mandated system used in all schools in WA state.

Busy! An understatment! Oh yeah, then there is the holidays with all the social events for clubs, work, etc, shopping, visiting.

Can you tell I'm tired?

Merry Christmas, in case I don't get a chance to blog soon.

No comments: