Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Diet changes

I'm going to write more later about what changes I've made in my diet. But for right now I'll give you the short version. I started off by totally cutting out all caffeine and alcohol (although I didn't drink much anyways), and limiting sugars. Then I started using less and less gluten products, including wheat, oats, and corn. And cutting out dairy products, except cheese, which I have in moderation. And now I'm starting to add more and more raw fruits and vegetables. My goal is to be eating about 80% raw foods. They are life giving, not depleted of nutrients by cooking, and really good for a healing body. My energy has improved and I'm not having to wake up evey four hours to take pain medicine just to curb the pain. Sometimes I would wake up and it felt like every bone in my body was broken. Now, when I do get to sleep (I have insomnia) I sleep better and don't have to wake up to take Ibuprofen. So, that's where I'm at. More about eating RAW later.

No comments: