Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Fibromyalgia and the vitamins I'm taking


I thought I would share with you all the vitamins I started on shortly after I self diagnosed myself, as it takes 3 months of unceasing pain before doctors will even think of diagnosing fibromyalgia. I'm not one to sit around and wait for doctors. But of course I am working with doctors, I just want to stay as natural as possible.

My reasoning is that the fibromyalgia effects the nerve and muscles. So I researched every vitamin I could find that has to do with nerves, muscle tissue, connective tissues, tendon and ligaments. And since your cells are constantly dieing and being replaced, I want the cells that are being remade to be as healthy as possible. And my flare ups have been more tolerable.

So here they are. I hope maybe it can help others who are suffering with fibromyalgia also.
CoQ10-All around good stuff, helps support heart function
Glucosamine and Chondroitin complex- provides the building blocks for healthy cartilage and joints
Chromium Picolinate-Metabolism support
Potassium- Heart and circulation
Vitamin C- essential for formation of body protein and for building sound bones, teeth, skin, cartilage, and capillaries
Vitamin B Complex- mostly B3, B6, B12, For energy and nerves
Magnesium with zinc- vital for healthy bone mass and by activating crucial enzymes
Acidophilus- to put friendly bacteria into the intestinal tract (I also now have IBS) so this helps
Malic Acid-bonds with calcium and magnesium to improve absorption
MSM-promotes collagen development for healthy joints
Calcium citrate plus vitamin D- helps build strong bones, also needed at the cellular level to build healthy muscles
L-Formula Lysine- helps in collagen and tissue renewal
5-HTP- wonderful supplement that helps boost serotonin levels (I felt a difference on the first day) It helps your mood by regulating neurotransmitters produced in the body
Phenocane (Curcumin and DLPA)- a natural product that enhances the bodies natural defense mechanisms against inflammation and pain. Helps me not have to take as much Ibuprofen.
Mucinex (guaifenesin) -supposedly helps reverse FM by working at the cellular level to make the trigger mechanism in the mitochondria listen better, instead of continually making ATP.

So.... there you go, that's my concoction.

No comments: