Monday, July 4, 2011

Fourth of July update

Well, we were hoping to have the baby this weekend, but it hasn't happened so far. I think the baby is making us wait now, since we made it wait by being on bed rest. But the great news, I'm off bed rest and off the medicine to stop contractions. This are progressing, but slowly now. I can have as much patience as needed, as long as I'm able to move and be off bed rest. So we spent the weekend tinkering in the garden. The weather has been great and my wonderful husband has kept all of the garden growing while I was on bed rest for the past month. Now I'm able to get outside and do what I enjoy doing. Although I'm a bit slower and heavier then normal.



Watering my strawberries in the raised strawberry bed.




Garlic and onions. You can see the tips of the garlic turning brown, they are almost ready to pull up and cure.


Here are our 6 week old chicks, these are a top hat breed.





Top hats with a few americaunas on the left




This one still needs a good name.




Watering the other strawberry bed with the meat chickens under it in white.




The new herb bed that was put in this spring. In the background you can see the temporary/movable fencing we purchased this year for the chickens so they don't get into all the gardens. They will only have to be confined to this area until the gardens are finished producing, then they get free range of the yard again.

Happy Fourth of July!!












No comments: