Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Speeding and it's consequences

I'm so lucky to have a wonderful partner that obeys the laws/rules, all the time. And when it comes to speeding while I drive, well......... I'm getting better at it, especially as of the last year. But I still drive about 4 miles over the speed limit most of the time. It's "safe" right? It's a well known fact that a police won't pull you over if your only going 4 miles an hour over. Right????

What message does that give our children? What message does that portray about our character? Hmmm. You might say, "it's only a little bit over."

Well, it's still breaking the law. Is it ok to break some laws, and not others?

Do we want our kids to listen and be obedient to us the first time we tell them to do something, or not until we tell them the 2nd, third, or fourth time? How many "warnings" do you give your child when they don't listen?

Do you want your child to be obedient only when mom or dad (the police) are actively watching?

My eyes have been opened, and I've seen the errors of my ways, as insignificant as some may see it! I wonder what will be revealed to me next? Good thing I never stop learning.

I'm going to do my best to obey ALL laws the government has made for us, and set an example for my children and people around me. And I expect my children to learn to obey all of the rules, including the house rules, whether I'm watching or not.

It's the little everyday choices we make that develop our character. And talking to your children about why we make those choices is equally important.

No comments: