Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Melissa and I
The kids all digging in Grammy's garden.

Elijah and Will


Baby Joy and her Aunty



Hailey and Sophia





Joy (8 months old)




The gang down at the river

Here are some pictures from our trip to Montana. We had a wonderful time. I'm so thankful that I was even able to make a trip like this. Only a few months ago with my health it would have been totally impossible. But I feel GREAT now!!! So off I go!
And my garden is tilled up and I have some veggies already planted, I'm getting a jump start on things this year. I have a feeling it will be a good growing season this year, although hot, but we'll see. Planted so far: peas, spinach, lettuce, carrots, radishes, cabbage, green beans, and swiss chard.
Update on being RAW: It's much easier to be 100% then any other %. So that's the way I need to be. And I always feel so much better when eating only living foods, my body just functions better, more energy, faster healing, better skin and hair, you name it, I just feel good.
A great book for everyone to read, whether eating RAW or not, is "The Live Food Factor". It has a lot of great research behind why we should incorporate more living foods into our diet. And another book I just got, and love, is "Green for Life" which is about humans eating more greens.
Here's a great easy green smoothie that we all like and you can't taste all the greens in it.
In a blender add:
large handful of washed spinach leaves
one banana
strawberries or blueberries
coconut milk (optional)
protein powder (optional)
ground flax seed
water
Blend well and enjoy!
So easy, so simple, yet soooo yummy! Drink it often and you'll notice more energy and less cravings for sweets and other cooked food.




No comments: