Tuesday, June 14, 2011

6/14/11 update

I'm bored out of my mind on bed rest, especially on Tuesdays when the kids are gone and we aren't home schooling. The kids have adapted well to home schooling in the living room with me reclined way back on the recliner, and the little white boards are really coming in handy.

There is so much I want to do, but I can't. My hubby has adjusted now and isn't quite as stressed about having to take on the world solo right now. He's sleeping more and doing a wonderful job, I'm so proud of him. And our friends and church family have been so supportive and helpful in running the kids to and from their activities, and helping out with meals and visiting me to curb my boredom.

The baby chicks are getting big, the top hats are getting their head feathers. The garden looks ok, although we wish it were growing better. I look out there and see all the transplanting and thinning that needs to be done, but alas, I can just look.

Baby in the oven is doing well. We're at 35 weeks this week. The plan as far as I know is that I'll get to go off bed rest and the terbutaline medicine that's holding my contractions at bay, on July 1st. And if my body reacts the way it did last round (10 years ago with the twins) then the baby will be arriving soon after going off the medication. So it looks like we'll be having a 4th of July weekend baby. We're excited! The reality of it is that we're only 17 days from going off the medicine. Which is very soon! Except for a few minor essentials like a padded changing pad for the changing table and some nursing pads, we're ready for the baby's arrival!!

No comments: