Sunday, August 8, 2010

Thankfulness

Sometimes I feel like I get so far off track on life. Why? Who knows how or why I do it......all I know is that I feel like sometimes I just wake up and shake myself back to reality and wonder where I've been lost.

Yes, I blog for myself, if others read it and they get a smile or a kind reminder about life, then that's wonderful too. You never know where my blog bantering may lead. :)

Sometimes I get lost in the world of "I wants" and "if only I had this" and "someday I'll have ____ (deck, patio, nice yard, more time, more money, you get the point)"
Then I wake up and look around me and think to myself how blessed, lucky, fortunate, and most of all grateful I am to have what I do have. Boy am I blessed! Life really can't get better.

I struggle sometimes with contentment, I always strive to improve my surroundings, yet I don't try to live like the average American ie large house, fancy car, designer jeans, etc. It's an odd combination. Sometime I just get in a funk and get tired of things being unfinished in the house, unfinished in the yard, etc, etc. Life's the jurney, not the destination, right? After all, once all my projects were finished, I'd just make up more. I'm a dreamer, what can I say. :)

When it comes down to the important stuff I have all I could ask for......above all, God's grace, a wonderful family, a roof over my head, food in the garden and in the cupboards, a car that drives, a job, and improving health.

And when it comes to the important things, what I really want more time for is.....time with my family, time to be in God's word and time outside in God's marvelous creation.

Note to self.........life is much happier when you look at the things you DO have and not the things you don't have.
Live a life filled with thanksgiving and gratefulness, it's a lot more fun that way!

No comments: