Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Inspiration !!!!

So I've been so inspired as of lately to talk to people about the importance of creating their own "paradise" so to speak for their family.

I think I want to start a movement called "Back to the Garden". I'm sure there's already one out there, but oh well.

Think of it......living like God intended us to live.....in nature, surrounded by plants and our family. What's more important at the end of our lives then that? And think if everyone started planting a garden, putting in fruit trees, berry bushes, etc, to feed their family. Think about how connected the family would be through all the working together, and the memories they would make planting, tending, watering, playing together, etc.

One important step of course would be for the parents goal to be to leave the property/home in the family always. Even if that meant having multiple generations living on the same property or in the same home. And the other part would be for the adult children to not sell the home when the parents pass away, etc. That would have to take a large shift in our society to not be so selfish, but it's possible.

If we all had our little "paradise" in our backyard, whether is was a tenth of an acre, an acre, ten acres, or 360 acres, the entire family would benefit. They would benefit nutritionally, emotionally, physically, and socially. And we would have a better connection to God, who created all the wonderful things the earth has to offer, the earth itself, and also to our family and community.

So why isn't this happening in and around our world more often? I often ponder questions like this. Sometime we as humans make life so difficult for ourselves. It should really be quite simple.

I wish I grew up with that type of connection, all I can do now is create a paradise with and for my family, so I can leave a legacy for my children and their future children.

More to come I'm sure...................................................................

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Heather,
I really like your blog. It's very inspirational. The same ideas have been in my thoughts for quite some time. The Gulf Spill has got me thinking about it again. We would all be better off if we could make the change. But that's just it. It takes support and time, but we can all do it! If you can do it, I can do it.
-Misty