Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Back at it

Well I'm happy to tell everyone that I've been progressively feeling better with my fibromyalgia aches, pains, and fatigue. I haven't had to take the anti viral for months now, and I haven't had a bad flare up since the end of June.

I lowered my stress level by changing jobs and working only part time, I've changed what I eat and don't eat. Although I still struggle with chocolate and coffee, mmmmm, so yummy.

I haven't pushed my body much, for fear that it won't take it and then give out on me again. So all hikes this summer, which really wasn't much, were short and easy. Lately I've been working on increasing my level of activity. A few weeks ago we went on a four mile kayak trip, and I did great. And I'm definitely noticing that I have a spring to my step again. And no, it's not only because I'm happy and excited to plan a wedding, and totally in love, of course that helps. But my my health has been better.

It's a good thing I've been doing better, because with that change of jobs it meant no health insurance. There's faith for ya!

This morning I went to the gym with the intent to make it a habit and start working out again a few times a week. I'm excited to be sore in a good "I've worked out" way, not a painful excruciating "I want to die" way. It's a good trade. I will easy my way into working out. Not only is my body still at risk of a flare up, but I haven't really worked out in over a year since the initial onset of fibro, so my muscles have become weaker.

I still love wearing only skirts and dresses , however I do wear pants on some Saturdays, as my sweetie likes to see me in them.
So, what does a skirted gal wear to the work out gym? See below. The skirt is stretchy, so it doesn't hinder my working out at all. Ready to go!!


Have a great rest of your week!!

No comments: