Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!

Well, things are going wonderful with my health. I'm so excited to be doing better.

After much procrastination, lack of motivation and then health issues I have put off my bathroom remodel for about a year now. Well, I have no more excuses anymore, at least not lack of energy and health issues. So, without further adoo...... my bathroom is finally being put back together. Two weeks ago I finished the wiring and put in a new outlet. Last weekend Keith and I hung the sheetrock (but not mudded yet). The easy fix on the toilet turned into a bigger project then anticipated. The flange was old and corroded, so it had to be replaced. The rotten floor under the sink has been fixed and a new sub floor in. Tonight is hardibacker on the floor, caulking, and tile cut. Tomorrow affix the tile to the floor, and grouted the following day.

WOW! What a difference it makes to have the energy to get things done!

Today I went in for another fasting glucose test, the short version, not the four hour one. And it was NOT low, yippy! but right where it needs to be. I've added protein in the mornings and space my food throughout the day, and make sure I don't eat many sugars and it's made a big difference with my low blood sugar.

Oh, and I started working out again, and working my way back into doing cardio, and weights. It sure feels nice to have a workout burn in my muscles and not a flare-up burn. Way different feeling, and way different pain.

Also, now that I'm feeling better I'm functioning better at work. My colleagues joke that they won't be able to keep up with me, once again, like before I got sick.

Well, I'm off to get more things done.

Thanks for reading!!

No comments: